Browsing by Author "Lumerman, Pablo"
Now showing 1 - 14 of 14
Results Per Page
- ItemThe art of representation :an interview with Mia Quiaoit-Corpus(2015) Botha, Linda; Lumerman, Pablo; Quiaoit-Corpus, MiaMia Quiaoit-Corpus is Executive Director of the Conflict Resolution Group Foundation, an NGO focused on delivering non-adversarial processes of dispute resolution across the Asia Pacific Region. She has 9 years of experience in the management of various mediation and facilitation programs, including research, framework & institutional design, policy writing and training. She received her Global Masters of Arts in International Affairs from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy of Tufts University, Boston. She completed her MBA from the University of the Philippines.
- ItemBetween harmony and justice : an interview with Ivan Ormachea(2015) Botha, Linda; Lumerman, Pablo; Ormachea, IvanIvan Ormachea specializes in conflict prevention, conflict transformation dialogue and mediation. He works on social and environmental issues related to extractive industries, and on family, commercial, workplace and labor disputes. He is a mediator for the Office of Mediation and Facilitation Services of the World Bank and the Compliance Advisor Ombudsman of the IFC. He is the President of the Peruvian NGO ProDiálogo. He is a part-time professor of the Catholic University of Peru and has an MA in International Relations from Syracuse University, USA.
- ItemCulture of conflict resolution : an interview with Ashok Panikkar(2015) Botha, Linda; Lumerman, Pablo; Panikkar, AshokAshok Panikkar is a is Meta-Culture's principle consultant and a passionate conflict resolution professional. He has worked as a conflict management consultant, mediator, facilitator and trainer all over the United States, India and in Europe. Prior to starting Meta-Culture, now India's first full service conflict and dialogue facilitation center, he directed an organizational conflict resolution program in Cambridge, Massachusetts, successfully mediating hundreds of disputes in the corporate and civil society sectors. He did his undergraduate studies in Visual Communication and has a Master's degree in Critical and Creative Thinking from the University of Massachusetts, Boston.
- ItemGetting beyond "ground zero" : an interview with Pascal Da Rocha(2015) Botha, Linda; Lumerman, Pablo; Da Rocha, PascalPascal Da Rocha has over 18 years of experience in crisis negotiations in volatile environments. He provides political advisory and political mediation activities for organizations such as UN, NATO, and EU. His thematic expertise is in extractive industries, gender, national dialogue and reconciliation and security arrangements. Pascal also provides advisory services for Fortune 500 companies in change management strategies and intercultural communication. Pascal holds lecturing appointments at Columbia University in New York and IESEG School of Management in Paris/Lille, France. He has published on diversity management, political mediation and collective leadership in organizations.
- ItemGovernment and governance : an interview with Giselle Ober(2015) Botha, Linda; Lumerman, Pablo; Ober, GiselleGiselle Ober has a PhD in the field of conflict transformation from the Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution at George Mason University. She has over 20 years of experience working in the conflict transformation field, living and working in Guatemala, Bolivia, Peru and the USA. She has consulted to international and local organizations working in war-torn societies in Eastern Europe, Northern Ireland, South Asia and Africa. Her work includes public policy development; system and process design; conflict resolution programs; and facilitation of multi-stakeholder processes around inter ethnic relations, development, land, water and socio-environmental conflicts.
- ItemIncremental steps towards trust : an interview with David Plumb(2015) Botha, Linda; Lumerman, Pablo; Plumb, DavidDavid Plumb is director for Latin America at the Consensus Building Institute (CBI). David is a mediator, facilitator, trainer and researcher specializing in consensus building, negotiation, conflict resolution and designing stakeholder engagement strategies. He helps to lead CBI’s Corporate Community Engagement practice and has experience managing complex natural resource disputes and public policy issues in the U.S., Africa, Latin America, and Europe. David is a bilingual Spanish speaker and currently lives in Santiago, Chile. A Fulbright scholar, David holds a BA in Politics and Latin-American Studies from Princeton University.
- ItemMaking up for lost time : an interview with Alex B. Muhweezi(2015) Botha, Linda; Lumerman, Pablo; Muhweezi, Alex B.Alex Muhweezi is an ecologist (MSc) with 28 years of experience in the field of environmental management in Uganda and East Africa. He manages the Kampala-based consulting firm Future Dialogues International, which he established in 2008. Future Dialogues focuses on promoting dialogue as a tool for achieving sustainable development.
- ItemMind the gap : an interview with Brian Ganson(2015) Ganson, Brian; Botha, Linda; Lumerman, PabloBrian Ganson heads the Africa Centre for Dispute Settlement at the University of Stellenbosch Business School. He engages with multinational companies, governments, community advocates and other international actors as a consultant, researcher, educator, and mediator. His work focuses on the nexus of business, conflict and development, addressing multi-stakeholder approaches to risk mitigation and conflict prevention, organizational management and leadership, and the role of neutrals in postconflict and other complex environments.
- ItemOf angels and devils : an interview with Merrick Hoben(2015) Botha, Linda; Lumerman, Pablo; Hoben, MerrickMerrick Hoben is the Director of the Consensus Building Institute’s Washington, D.C., Regional Office, a Practitioner Associate at the MIT-Harvard Public Disputes Program and Faculty Associate at the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy. Merrick helps stakeholders across diverse organizations and sectors — globally and domestically — to develop and implement more effective agreements. Merrick has extensive experience with mediation, negotiation and training in Latin America and the Middle East.
- ItemThe power of the Third Side : an interview with Pablo Lumerman(2015) Botha, Linda; Lumerman, PabloPablo Lumerman is a dialogue and development facilitator and a community-company-government conflict mediator. Pablo holds a degree with honors in Political Science from the University of Buenos Aires. He also holds a Master’s in Local Development from the National University of General San Martín and the Autonomous University of Madrid.
- ItemPublic sector challenges : an interview with Kate Kopischke(2015) Botha, Linda; Lumerman, Pablo; Kopischke, KateKate Kopischke is an independent mediator specializing in stakeholder engagement, dispute prevention, and dispute resolution in the natural resources sectors. Kate’s work involves conflict assessments and facilitation of dialogue-based processes to help communities, companies and the public sector address concerns stemming from the impacts of large-scale development projects. Kate also serves as expert dispute resolution practitioner for UNDP’s Stakeholder Response Mechanism, a formal avenue for stakeholder engagement when people believe a UNDP project may have adverse social or environmental impacts. From 2005 to 2010 she worked as dispute resolution specialist for the Office of the Compliance Advisor Ombudsman (CAO). CAO is the ombudsman for the International Finance Corporation, the private sector lending arm of the World Bank Group. Kate holds a master’s degree in intercultural communication from the University of New Mexico.
- ItemSwimming with crocodiles : an interview with Kim Wilson(2015) Botha, Linda; Lumerman, Pablo; Wilson, KimKim Wilson is an experienced engagement specialist, mediator, facilitator and alternative dispute resolution practitioner. He has successfully conducted mediations for over 15 years, many involving multiple parties and complex issues and interests. He is a specialist in social development strategy, and designs and delivers engagement strategies and implementation plans. He is experienced in companyto- community engagement, strategic negotiation and working with indigenous interests in Australia and beyond. He also conducts workshops on company-to-community engagement and negotiation.
- ItemThe value of inter-cultural intelligence : an interview with Mirna Angela Cuentas(2015) Botha, Linda; Lumerman, Pablo; Mirna Angela, CuentasMirna Angela Cuentas is an expert facilitator of State-Business-Community dialogues. She has recently been involved with the Conflict Transformation Collaborative (CTC). She has worked for many years with indigenous communities on agricultural issues, including land rights.
- ItemWhen all else fails : an interview with Stef Snel(2015) Botha, Linda; Lumerman, Pablo; Snel, StefStef Snel is an experienced practitioner and facilitator in multiparty mediation, conflict facilitation, policing, peace building and organisational problem solving. He practices in the public, business and non-governmental sector, specialising in implementing new systems and turning around intractable problems